As we explored the community we noticed several eateries dotted throughout. Before the evening was over my wife and I settled on a restaurant called Reata Apparently this restaurant is named after the ranch in the move "Giant". When you walk into the restaurant the decor makes you feel like you've stepped back into a by-gone era of the old west - wood floors, heavy wooden tables and chairs, and the wait staff dressed in Western attire.
Since I was new to the restaurant I was wondering what to try first. As I scoured the menu I decided to anxiously try the Carne Asada with Cheese Enchiladas dinner.
When the meal was delivered to our table this is what I was presented with. OMG!!! It looked great!!!!
The grill marks on the Carne Asada had the look of cross hatched greatness!!! The Pico de Gallo had the presence of extreme freshness. The cheese enchiladas had the appearance of a homemade delicacy. I was ready to dive in!!!
As my knife cut into the Carne Asada, it was so tender I felt that this piece should be a tenderness role model for other steaks. As I tasted the Carne Asada the juiciness flowed out from the meat, it had the great taste of a smoky, well seasoned piece of Carne Asada that could convert any vegetarian. My eyes became wide open with amazement after my first bite.
Now onto the enchiladas. The enchilada sauce flavor portrayed a delectable bold taste of dried chilies and crushed spices that were used to make the sauce. The corn tortillas had the texture and taste of homemade tortillas. And the gooey white cheese just melted in your mouth with each delicious bite.
How could this get any better? Well for my dinner wine I had chosen the CF Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon. As I took a bite of the Carne Asada followed by a sip of wine, the earthiness characteristics of the Cabernet just enhanced the taste of the meat. As I took a bite of the enchiladas and then followed by a sip of wine, the enchilada sauce brought out the fruitiness of the Cabernet. The experience of enjoying the earthiness and fruitiness wine with one entree is something that has to be personally experienced to fully appreciate it. At the end of the meal, I felt like I was in Carne Asada Heaven!!!
If you even find yourself in Alpine, Texas don't hesitate to enjoy this wonderful entree at Reata!!

No comments:
Post a Comment